Welcome to December.
One month remaining in TWENTY-FREAKING-SIXTEEN!
How are you holding up?
00:00 — Introduction
- Nope. Not THAT episode. One more to go…
- We are about as mature as toddlers.
- Misfires on the drop-in’s and headphones
- Is 2017 here yet?
- So how about we get back to it?
01:54 — Episode #68: Writing under Duress
- Watching the Facebook feed at the end of NaNoWriMo….and not seeing a lot of happy writers.
- Let’s be honest about November and 2016 on a whole.
- We got off to a great start…and then we lost two legends in one week!
- Good thing The Curse of the Silver Pharaoh had a deadline before the 2016 Election.
- Pip didn’t even vote and she shut down.
- Watch us dance around the current political climate…
- Creativity can sometimes be a path out of the darkness.
- For Pip, she pulled out of a rough patch with 4000 words.
- Tee got some help from Countless Hues of Crimson.
- Does comedy help unlock the funk?
- Tee’s trying to tell a story, but Pip is giving him a look…which doesn’t work well in audio.
- When surrounded by tragedy, Tee found a groove with MOREVI.
- Writing can be an escape. Writing can also be commentary.
- The science fiction of the 1960’s was truly a chronicle of the time.
- Tee turns the tables on Pip…
- When Pip was at rock bottom, she created worlds.
- Writing was a positive light in her life.
- Without Pip’s divorce, Geist wouldn’t have happened.
- We love Roger Ballantine on this show!
- 2017 is going to be a GREAT year for us, writing-wise!
- Comparing the angst and suffering against the Smoky Writers atmosphere
- Duress doesn’t always have to be bad
- Even in a nurturing environment, there is pressure!
- Brussel sprouts are GOOD at Smoky Writers!
- Regardless of the positive or negative duress, the quality of words is not necessarily different. They are still good.
- 2016 can take a flying leap! (UPDATE: No, the cabin didn’t make it.)
- A moment about creativity during darker times…
- Pip has been sending Tee mixed messages about what kind of Bowie she likes.
- Look at the Romantics and their own poetry of the time…
- Tee explains Communism versus Socialism through a cookout analogy.
- Crawling out of the muck of depression
- When do you need help?
- Take care of yourself.
27:54 — Listener Mail!
- “Yeah, it’s hot in here!”
- A Comment from Katrina Guy for the Episode #61: Panel Etiquette
- From Episode #58: A Crash Course in Networking, an email from Brian Webber…
- Listen to some of these pitches!
- Riffing with memories from Spinal Tap
- Pip goes there…
- And Brian Webber brings up Episode #60 and the new writing term — “Ol’ Yellering”
- From Smoky Writers, a voicemail from Sammy!
- Another Smoky Writer, Hugh O’Donnell, and his thoughts on Episode #63: A Writer’s Review of Suicide Squad
- A quick note from Nick Kelly about Episode #66 and Episode #67. Coming soon?
38:59 — Wrapping up
- Got a question or a comment for us? Let us know at 703.791.1701 or email us an mp3 file at…
- tee (at) teemorris (dot) com
- pip (at) pjballantine (dot) com
- Or drop us comments on social media!
- And don’t forget that FANCY way to contact us via Instagram!
- What’s coming up?
- Baking for the holidays. Smoking meats for the holidays.
- Kicking off 2017 in January
- A full writing schedule…
- Countless Hues of Crimson (coming in December)
- Audio version of Magical Mechanications (coming in December)
- Tales from the Archives: The Final Season (going live at Christmas)
- …and new stories from Pip and Tee coming in 2017!
- We have a new name for our Canadian daughter…
- Are you listening to Words of a Feather? How about Tee & Pip playing Dungeons & Dragons?
- We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a line!
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
leave us a voicemail or questions for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes or Stitcher!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.