This is a super-sized episode featuring the Geek Wolfpack Podcast crew in studio and recording a 2018 episode for their own feed, so have fun as two podcasts join forces to kick off 2018 with style!
00:00 — Introduction
- Wait a minute…this isn’t your podcast!
- We have a lot of people in studio!
- Big Love to Doctor Who’s Christmas Special!
- And here’s where the show falls off the rails.
- Hey, let’s start a rumor…
- You need to watch the Christmas Special with perhaps the most epic “Previously on…” introduction.
- Nice end to 2017!
- Hold back your enthusiasm on being here!
- Best way to start 2018 — killing Christmas trees!
- What is Battlefield: Earth doing on the Hallmark Channel?
07:00 — Episode #86: Looking Ahead to 2018
- Looking back to Christmas…
- Brandon refuses to let up on the snark for the New Year.
- Teenagers love socks.
- Serena’s rocking electronics while Brandon has got hockey skates for the ice!
- The Canadian shakes her head at the oddities of Americans.
- Penguin Trivia
- Katie reflects on her Canadian Christmas
- Butt Jokes
- What are we planning for 2018?
- Serena and Brandon, the youngsters, are making plans…
- Serena now decides to clam up.
- Brandon can control celebrity deaths? What?!
- Serena is planning to study “creative stuff.“
- TALKING SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD.
- Holy cow, we’re talking a dark turn!
- Brandon looks into Colgan, as well, for their Music Tech program.
- Pip plans for the upcoming year!
- Lots and lots and lots of audio production.
- FOUR. BOOKS.
- And four books may not be
- Nick’s 2018 Plans
- Looking ahead to the conventions we want to attend…
- What about our Canuck? What is she planning and plotting for 2018?
- The return of the novella
- Curling is a thing in Virginia, eh?
- Tee’s turn. What is waiting for him in 2018?
- A solo novel, but he’s torn between two projects…
- You can do both, sure, but focus is somewhat split. Pip’s got an idea…
- Twitch for Dummies…and Brandon calls Tee out.
- Tee answers Brandon’s callout.
- Katie now calls out Tee on a completely different issue, and it’s a good call out.
- Tee’s hesitancy with the Twitch for Dummies pitch
- The Adpocalypse on YouTube. This is a thing!
- Our Personal Focus point for 2018
- Brandon: Landing a spot in Colgan High School’s Music Tech Program
- Nick: Writing more. Meeting people.
- Katie: Writing with joy and kindness.
- Serena: Landing a spot in Colgan High School’s Creative Writing Program
- Pip: (amidst the heckling) Her word for the year — “Build”
- Tee: His word for the year — “Complete”
45:13 — The Loot Crate Lookie-Loo
- The last box of 2017 — the December Loot Crate: EXPLORE!
- Tee speculates very little from this Loot Crate will make it to the Giveaway Box.
- Welcome to the EXPLORE Loot Crate!
- A miniature from Mobile Suit Gundam! Classic anime FTW!
- A Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2 calendar
- From IDW Comics — Star Wars: Destroyer Down, a prequel story concerning our girl, Rei
- A sweet Destiny 2 tee-shirt, featuring the Wanderwing, your first in-game ship
- The Loot Crate pin — a classic rocket ship
- Loot Crate is holding back on a booklet this go round. Nothing wrong with that.
- Tee, are you ever going to make that Ghost?
- Serena calls dibs on the comic book!
49:38 — The Wrap-Up
- Shout-out to Rob Aldrich who also attended MAGFest!
- Katie is heading back to Canada, but she will be planning to hit…
- Tee and Pip will be heading to RavenCon…and that is when the madness begins for them!
- Writing Advice for 2018
- Nick: Invest into an “Accountability Partner.”
- Katie: It’s okay to do your own thing. (Echoing something Tee said here.)
- Pip: Keep flying.
- Tee: Avoid excuses. (Another huge shout-out to Piper J Drake for this.)
- Serena’s listening…we think.
- More butt jokes.
- If you have an event and want The Shared Desk to appear there, or if you just want to share an opinion about the show, here’s where to find us…
- …and social media, of course.
- Pip’s Patreon will feature the first episode of her ALL-NEW PODCAST!
- Yep, she’s got a website (with a teaser) — We Don’t Talk About That
- And you can hear it first….if you become a subscriber.
- Here we come, 2018!
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
leave us a voicemail or questions for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes or Stitcher!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.