If you have not seen the
season SERIES finale of Penny Dreadful, turn back now.
As fond the Victorian Gothic (with just a dash of steampunk) series is at quoting literature, let us give a quick quote of our own:
Do you hear, let them be well used; for
they are the abstract and brief chronicles of the
time: after your death you were better have a bad
epitaph than their ill report while you live.
While Tee and Pip would never go on record about their thoughts on another writer’s work, they let loose with the ranting as they feel betrayed both as fans and as writers. If you have been wanting a rant from Tee, here it comes NOW WITH 100% MORE KIWI!!!
00:00 — Introduction
- Pip is working very hard to make everything interesting, even the show numbers…
- We are nailing the posting schedule for 2016! How about that?
- Jon Snow’s Tribute to Leeroy Jenkins — best thing on YouTube RIGHT NOW!!!
- There are going to be a LOT of spoilers in this episode! Turn back now…
- Deep breath, everyone…
00:44 — Episode #59: Calling “Shenanigans” on Penny Dreadful
- Better buckle up…
- Penny Dreadful. Some of the best television ever aired…UNTIL…
- A word from show creator, John Logan.
- 45-second audio from the video posted by Logan and Showtime
- Series finale airs on Sunday night. This clip goes live the day after.
- Finale ends. Announcement drops the day after of cancellation.
- Then, all this week, images like these…
- “It was always intended to be three seasons…” Really? REALLY?!
- S-Bombs Ahead!
- If Penny Dreadful was Vanessa’s story, then what about all these OTHER characters we’ve gotten to know?
- Who introduces a whole new set of characters for a final season?
- One of these characters is introduced in Episode 6 of a 9 Episode season?
- A total of eight new characters…all set up for a final season centered around the six principles.
- Concerning Dr. Henry Jekyll
- Tee is a bit envious as to Penny Dreadful’s take
- A season of dropping hints about his temper
- Building, building, building…and then, Jekyll “goes on his rounds”…
- Frankenstein caves, and Jekyll is more than okay with it. Well, okay…I guess?
- Fan service in 3…2……..
- Characters betraying themselves, and Jekyll’s potential reduced to a Lab Assistant.
- Kaetenay tells Ethan “I have given you the power to save her…” but he forgets that somewhere on the way.
- How did Cat do what she did in the final fight?! Sir Malcolm noticed!
- “Hey, Victor—fancy bumping into you here!” Are you kidding me? You want Frankenstein in a firefight AFTER SEASON 2?!
- Time Wasters for (what was) the Final Season
- Dorian & Lily — Anyone else remember the end of Season 2?
- The Creature — The problem with that was the actor. Rory Kinnear was SO — DAMN — GOOD!
- …but this is Vanessa’s story. Remember?
- And now we get to Vanessa…oh Vanessa…
- This is how we know her…
- This was how the writers ended her…
- Wouldn’t Vanessa had fought to the last? (The Vanessa we got to know would have…)
- The Woman/Girl in the Refrigerator (and the website where you find out the fate of these characters)
- Be true to the character you have spent so long building!
- This is how we know her…
- And Dracula? What does he do when he sees his soulmate dead in Ethan’s arms?
- What the hell, John Logan?!
- Penny Dreadful was a fantastic show, and then Logan punted.
- To say “That was the plan all along…” is a disservice. and terrible writing to boot. From people who know better.
- Tee and Pip are still pissed. Turns out they aren’t the only ones.
30:27 — The Loot Crate Lookie-Loo
- Good thing we never not a Penny Dreadful crate.
- Two boxes (again!) this go round!
- May Clearance box
- June Theme — Dystopia
- Inside the May Clearance crate…
- Funko Pop’s Han Solo from The Force Awakens
- Star Trek Car Air Freshener of the Live Long & Prosper greeting
- Batman v Superman indestructible wallet
- Space Invaders necktie
- Spy Mad Libs (Always cool!)
- Inside the June Dystopia crate…
- The tee-shirt — Robocop!
- A Bioshock: Infinite blank key to turn into a house key
- The lapel pin is a bomb….of course
- A jigsaw puzzle from The Matrix
- A Dorbs from Fallout
- A Terminator 2: Judgment Day metal sign
- What are we keeping, and what are we setting up for giveaways…
- Still haven’t topped the Aliens crate. Yet.
36:12 — Wrapping up
- Between the Loot Crates and the Penny Dreadful rant, Tee has worked up a sweat!
- With all these Loot Crate leftovers, where are we going to give away stuff? How about our Facebook Party THIS FRIDAY at 7:00p.m. EST!
- What’s coming up in the next two weekends?!
- 26 June — The Second Annual Science Fiction and Fantasy Online Conference (Register Today)
- 1-3 July — Escape Velocity (in conjunction with
the Museum of Science Fiction) at the National Harbor, MD
- On Saturday: Steampunk in Amine, Comic Books, and Film
- On Sunday: The Big Score — The Evolution of the Soundtrack
- We briefly slip back into a Penny Dreadful rant…
- …and Tee will never forgive John Logan.
- The Ghost Rebellion is out now on Audible! But on the Ministry website, you can find all the formats…
- Wrapping up this phase of the Kickstarter…
- Hey, Lauren, want to go visit a cidery?
- What is next for Tee & Pip?
- Operation: Endgame
- Countless Hues of Crimson
- The Curse of the Silver Pharaoh
- Magical Mechanations (the audio book)
- Season V of Tales from the Archives
- Pip forgets who is running Tales from the Archives. She blames the cider.
- If Leanna Renee Heiber wants to write for you, SHE WILL WRITE FOR YOU!
- Keep the feedback coming on The Ghost Rebellion.
- Got thoughts or comments on this show?
- We have voicemail — 703.791.1701
- I have email — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pip’s got email — email@example.com
- …and, of course, on social media everywhere.
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
on Tee, or the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences on Periscope
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.