Hard to believe it is November, but here we are. This week we talk about the new cool way publishers want to release books and why authors may not like it, and we get into the ultimate eagle vs kiwi, RUBGY!!
Have a listen, comment on the blog, and feel free to reach out to us at 703.791.1701 to share your thoughts with us!
00:00 — Introduction & Catching Up
- So what happened to us?
- Signed a contract with Writer’s Digest for a book on social media for writers, coming in Fall 2015.
- Blogposts and audio will be coming to support the book over at One-Stop Writer Shop
- Tee got himself a new job!
- Pip misses Tee…sorta…
- Tee has a run in with Yosemite, and his mixer is caught in the crossfire…hence why we are now recording on ProFX8
- The Diamond Conspiracy is now just waiting on line edits, but it has a cover!
- We lost our dear friend PG Holyfield, but we aren’t going to forget him.
- Tee and Valerie Griswold-Ford are editing Tales of Tesla Ranger; A Tribute to PG Holyfield. All monies are going straight into the Trust for his three daughters, and all services and stories involved in making this happen have been donated.
- Starla Huchton gave us a kicking cover.
- The way to offer help and assistance is to send ideas to BTW@SpecFicMedia.com
13:12 — Publication schedules…things are getting intense
- Getting three novels published in three months
- Jeff VanderMeer and the Southern Reach Trilogy. Actually they came out in February, May and September.
- Are we all going to be expected to get books out this quickly?
- Self-publishing is pushing this move. New York is taking a trick from them.
- Some people can crank books out this quickly.
- Even if these books are written before hand, what about the next three?
- Authors are expected to do more than just writer these days.
- Pip invents a new word for the marketing world…
- There is more than just cranking out a first draft…like editing…
- Foreword Literary is now Fuse Literary, but still helmed by the Agent of Awesome Laurie McLean
- Tee and Pip argue other media competition.
- Pip goes all Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Readers who wait until a series are completed, but that doesn’t tell your publisher you want more…
- Pip talks about the days of constant writing
- For most authors it doesn’t seem sustainable
- Pip anticipates now they will get a contract like that!
27:04 — Eagle vs Kiwi The Rugby Edition
- To Chicago…chilly but awesome Chicago
- Pip points out it wasn’t just a rugby game.
- 100 years since the All Blacks played the American Eagles on American soil
- PC Haring hosted Tee and Pip while Aly Grauer, and Mel Fox joined in the shenanigans
- Pip points out there is no stopping in rugby, while Tee waxes lyrical on the difference between American and this game of rugby
- Pip and other kiwis feel a little pity, but there are no pity points in rugby either.
- Who knew there were so many American All Blacks fans!
- Aly and Mel sum up the attractions of rugby.
34.59 — The Wrap-Up
- Pip and Tee talk about how David Bowie makes them feel like slackers. Pip wrote a blogpiece on it.
- It could be the pants
- Tee is obsessing about a Walkman
- Some awesome kid Ziggy Stardust…there is hope for the future
- Pip has a moment or two, and now so does Sonic Boom
- Tee learns Bowie appreciation, and his acting
- Pip and Tee think of Alex White and Bowie…with an inappropriate dropin
- Tales from the Archives wrapping up by the end of the year. Plans of the fourth season to be firmed up
- Pip is finishing up the audiobook of Weather Child
- Ministry Protocol is now out as an audiobook
- Pip does indeed do the shownotes
- Pip does indeed get the tumblr address for the Ministry right
- One-Stop Writer Shop will have a deal coming soon for all those Nano participants
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.