To say that “A lot has happened…” since Episode 5 and now would be a massive understatement. We cover it all in this review of the biggest event we have ever attended. No Writers Off the Clock. No Crazy Uncle Charlie. Just us and a look back on a really eventful two weeks.
00:00 — A Vignette from the Archives
03:21 — Introduction
- Tee and Pip give a quick shout out to their childhood…
- It’s been a wild ride since the last show…
- How ’bout them world-champion All Blacks?
- Pip can truly make a segue happen at a moment’s notice
06:15 — A Wrap-Up of New York Comic Con
- Where do we begin? Let’s begin with the unexpected, shall we?
- Pip is officially clean…well, of leprosy.
- A note to Tee’s day job: There is a different between putting together a Powerpoint presentation and putting together a video presentation.
- Comic Con— Day One: Hitting the Ground Running So Hard, the Ground Hit Back
- Here’s what happens when you lose a day in your plans.
- Tee and Pip arrive to Comic Con, and are surprised as what they find.
- A quick review at some of the guests on the steampunk panel
- Our first gripes of Comic Con
- The location of the Jarvitz Center
- The Mythical Shuttle (with the crappy schedule)
- If you’re having a con, make sure you have solid internet access
- We love our Comic Con HEROES! (These volunteers rocked our world!)
- Comic Con — Day Two: Follow the Fairy and the Trail of Geeks
- A good lesson from our travels: PRINT OUT agendas, maps, etc. Don’t count on Internet access.
- Comic Con: A Circle of ADD Hell
- Pip’s signing at Ace…and her second rock star moment for the weekend…
- Comparing New York Comic Con to Dragon*Con
- What you would have found at the Fables of the Flying City booth…
- OPERATION: GUILD GEEKOUT
- The unexpected surprise — Sandeep Parikh
- On the choice celebs make in stating “No Candid Photos” at the cons
- What we wrote in the hardbound edition of Phoenix Rising (which quoted The Guild)
- Pip fangrrls all over Felicia…and makes me look like a chump.
- Yes, Pip is damn cute when she fangrrls. Especially with Felicia Day.
- Geeking out on Dragon Age: Redemption and Felicia Day’s kickassery
- Pip’s “Winter is Here” panel: brushing by Felicia Day, a SRO panel, and a well-moderated panel
- Why Pip and Tee may sound a little tired…
- Another gripe of New York Comic Con: No “decompression chamber” for the guests.
- Banging interviews at Comic Con
- g33k Watch (Props to Joseph!)
- Romantic Times Book Reviews
- So was that enough excitement for a month? No, not yet…
37:01 — The 2011 Airship Awards
- Wait. Hold on. What did Starla just tweet?
- What exactly are The Airship Awards?
- The Nominations for the 2011 Airship Awards for Best in Literature
- The Curious Case of Spring-Heeled Jack (a Philip K. Dick Award-winner)
- Camera Obscura
- The Half-Made World
- …and us.
- From the Airship Ambassador, confirmation — K.W. Jeter accepted the award for us
- This award is dead sexy.
- And with New York Comic Con and the Airship win behind us, what’s it all mean?
- What to keep in mind when you win an award
- Some thank you’s
- Humbling moments from Comic Con
- Our hopes for 2012
- Another bit of advice: Prepare to network on the way home…
- Can we take a breath now?
46:23 — The Wrap-Up
- Nope…we’re not done, but thanks for asking!
- Heading out to Los Angeles for BlogWorld: L.A. to talk podcasting, and then Pip and I get our punk on at ComiKazie Expo
- Looking forward to hanging with the ragamuffins of steampunk, The League of S.T.E.A.M.
- Then maybe — maybe — we can take a breath!
- We’re putting together a list for 2012
- Where to find us online
More Shout-Out’s During the Show…
- Nuchtchas’ Nutty Bites podcast
- Erotica ala carte
- Kate Locke, author of God Save the Queen
- Mark Siegel’s Sailor Twain
- Overnight Prints
- The Airship Ambassador
- io9’s Coverage of Pip’s panel
- The Dreamer’s Thread
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.