Special thanks to Corbin J Drake for the photo.
Finishing the second week of the Dog Days of Podcasting, Tee was a little worried that he didn’t have a good writing topic for this morning. Turns out he did. Sometimes, in this game, things are going to happen that are not your fault, but it is expected that you fix it. Why? Look at the cover. Whose names are on there?
This one’s for Chuck Tomasi.
Find Tee on Twitter here,
leave a voicemail or questions for the Dog Days of Podcasting at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
I’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find this show on iTunes or Stitcher!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
We were a few days late on posting this, but we have posted — determined to stay on schedule! Yeah, yeah, yeah, we’re a few days late but we’ll be back in two weeks time with some more news and a new topic for you all in what will be a podcast-packed end-of-the-month. All this and more in this — the twentieth episode of The Shared Desk — where we are looking hard at the art of rejection from the toughest people to get it from — your peers.
00:00 — Introduction
- Hey now…two in a row! Sort of…
- Right now, the hosts of The Shared Desk are bit peckish.
- Tee welcomes back the drop-in…
- On the upside, we’re working the Medifast hard!
03:00 — What’s going on in the Writing World
- Working title: The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences — Declassified, and the first round of invitation have been sent
- The Janus Affair places 7th in Goodreads 2012 Choice Awards
- The Janus Affair is released in Germany (and Tee lets the inappropriate humor fly)
- Pip revels in more incredible Cover Art Fu…
- Ace’s Clockwork Fairy Tales coming in 2013…
- …but Tee talks about the success of Aladdin and His Wonderfully Infernal Device just to get in a last word.
- Tee and Pip also release Christmas Tales from the Archives on Amazon and other markets.
- We’re planning a few consecutive episodes of Tales from the Archives as a holiday “Thank you” for the end of the month.
- Wouldn’t it be great to have a personal assistant? Looking at 2013, yeah, we would.
10:17 — Nothing Personal: Rejection Amongst Your Peers
- A unique experience — sending out invitations to our anthology’s Dream Team
- Having a chat with friend-of-the-show, P.J. Schnyder, about why she’s a friend but not on the A-List
- Writing with friends is fun. When you’re working for an anthology, however, you need names.
- Author Jeff Vandermeer turned us down…but come on — COME ON — I’m just thankful I can approach him.
- Sometimes, you have to say “No.”
- Tee’s prepping for rejection (and not taking it personally) with Darkwater based on a rejection for The Case of the Singing Sword.
- Remember this about publishing — It’s a business.
- Looking ahead with Kickstarter and advice from J.R. Blackwell.
- Rejection is not a personal thing.
19:22 — Seriously?! Seriously.
- A brewing issue in geek circles: Fake Fan Girls
- Pip believes this whole debate began in high school.
- What Tee’s noticed — the debate rages about Fake Fan Girls that cosplay, but never about Fake Fan Boys?
- Pip takes umbrage with girls that are showing up as Lollypop Chainsaw, taking pictures of (or with) them, then complaining about how they are “fake.”
- Tee wonders why did the rage about out-of-shape superheroes at Comic Con disappeared while this argument rolls on? (And yes, I found out it was Men’s Fitness, not Maxim magazine)
- The Flawed Logic of a Fake Fan Girl
- Tee’s obsession with the ID Channel creeps into this rant…
- Do hotties REALLY WANT the attention of the average con?
- Pip and Tee go into a little commentary on the source material and how tough it is for BOTH sexes, but ESPECIALLY for women…
- When it comes to Fake Fan Girl: Who are you to judge?
- Celebs that step up — Fake Fan Girls? We don’t think so.
- Tee stumbles through awkward memories of high school…
- Geeks and their territorial tendencies
- What happens when Geekdom goes mainstream: People get upset and don’t want to cope.
- Pip’s already a confirmed guest at Dragon*Con
- New Archer is coming soon!!!
- Looking forward to the holiday
- We’ll be recording on Boxing Day!
- Screw Medifast — we’re having Christmas Pudding!
- Tee Morris: 2 for 2 with the Creative Commons tag…
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.