With the 2011 Con Season behind them and friends jumping into the writerly madness of November, Pip and Tee spend the show looking at NaNoWriMo or the National Novel Writing Month. They got rants, they got opinions, and they got their own bits of advice for those brave enough to jump into the competition.
To all those taking the NaNoWriMo challenge — good luck!
00:00 — Introduction
- Hold on…it’s November?!
- Quick — Get to the topic!
00:51 — NaNoWriMo
- What exactly is NaNoWriMo?
- 1:53 — FIRST MENTION OF NATHAN LOWELL
- The Two Camps of NaNoWriMo…and the camp that Evo Terra rules over.
- Drawing a line between a Writer and an Author
- Why November?!
- 5:41 — SECOND MENTION OF NATHAN LOWELL
- Just because you win NaNoWriMo doesn’t mean you’re ready for publishing. (Shame on you, Smashwords!)
- A few words of love (both tender and tough) for NaNoEdMo.
- February? The shortest month of the year?! Seriously?!
- Tee & Pip find out why NaNoWriMo is in November…and Tee goes on a rant…
- Why NaNoEdMo is so important
- What we truly love about NaNoWriMo
- It’s a fantastic way to get into the regiment of writing.
- 13:22 — THIRD MENTION OF NATHAN LOWELL
- An inside look at putting together a novel, from soup to nuts
- If you’re going to do NaNoWriMo, you should commit to NaNoEdMo.
- 15:01 — FOURTH MENTION OF NATHAN LOWELL (and some pining from Tee…)
- Pip is derailed by Tee…
- Advice in approaching NaNoWriMo…before, during, and after November…
19:50 — Writers Off the Clock
- Unplugging in Autumn…a beautiful time to do so
- Pip is digging the change of seasons.
- A quick photo break…
- Showing some love to the vineyards, especially to Corcoran’s Vineyard and Brewery
- Take the Doctor’s advice: “A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.”
26:21 — Seriously? Seriously.
- And here we are with yet ANOTHER rant…
- Pip adopts Wil Wheaton’s philosophy concerning panelists that don’t play well with others.
- Some advice for being a good panelist.
- Some advice for being a good moderator…and how to be a good panelist when you got a qualified moderator.
- As a moderator and a panelist, read your audience. (If you don’t know how, learn.)
- When panels work, it’s like a fine-tuned symphony. Cue Pip at New York Comic Con.
- As a panelist or moderator, DON’T BE THAT GUY!
37:06 — The Wrap-Up
- After all this ranting, Pip and Tee are exhausted!
- Ending our 2011 con season with the badasses of steampunk, The League of S.T.E.A.M.
- What’s coming in 2012
- The Janus Affair: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel— May
- Hunter & Fox — July
- Wrayth: A Book of the Order — September
- 40:03 — FINAL MENTION OF NATHAN LOWELL
- Pip, stop with the whining.
- And there’s even more stuff coming from the Ministry…
- Working on the 2012 Con Schedule
- Where to find us online
- And check us out on Goodreads AND VOTE!!!
Drop-Ins: The Silence of the Lambs, Battlestar Galactica, Sideways
More Shout-Out’s During the Show…
- Ash Robbins
- The Writing Excuses podcast
- Nathan Lowell (of course)
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.