The snow was falling.
The beer was flowing.
So we got into our pajamas, fired up the mic, and well…this is what happens when cosplayers and writers get together and drink! Christina’s back, Verena’s here, and we’re sharing the desk about cosplaying, Kickstarters, and the search for a craft beer that meets Bavaria’s approval.
00:00 — Introduction
- A quick intro from Tee Morris about how we cannot count.
- Just to warn you, we may be here a while as we have nowhere to go presently…
- In-Studio Guests
- This episode brought to you by Hot Topic and Deadpool.
03:00 — Snowed In with Cosplayers
- Food, Beer, and Toilet Paper…we are ready for the Epic Snowstorm of 2016!
- The Ghost Rebellion Kickstarter brought the Bavarian and (unexpectedly) the Californian here…
- Verena did not know us from a bar of soap, but she flew over here anyway.
- Verena’s new love in America: Hot Topic.
- Long before cosplay was a thing, little Verena was getting into cosplay for German book festivals!
- What inspired these two cosplayers to decide on bringing Eliza to life?
- Cover models at RT are not looking as badass as Verena’s or Christina’s Eliza.
- Hold on—these two have been BFFs longer than we’ve known Verena!
- Christina steps back to her first cosplay…and Pip gets a little lost while swimming in Lake Me.
- The differences between cosplaying as Eliza and cosplaying as Sophia
- Concerning cosplaying, showing off the goods, and Lauren “Double Pineapple” Harris
- Recorded for posterity: We <3 Lauren’s boobs!
- Verena’s philosophy on cosplay vs cleavage.
20:52 — A Day with GoForward Photography
- Spending the day with some really talented people at GoForward Photography
- Shooting on a green screen. Optimal for cover composition.
- Shooting for cosplay shots against book cover shots.
- Studio Fotozon approached Verena a little differently from GoForward.
- Christina is now taking applicants for Wellington cosplayers. Must look like Hiddleston…
- This isn’t Verena’s first time modeling, but she is a little overwhelmed by being on a book cover. (Still, she loves it…a lot!)
- Now Tee plays a nice drop-in, but Verena goes Deadpool. What a naughty Bavarian!
- Pip has to do a double-take as Eliza was standing in front of her once Verena got into costume.
- Then there is the cover shoot for Countless Hues of Crimson…
- It starts with a pineapple…
- We named the pineapple. Mr. Heath Red.
- Cue the madness. And an inappropriate joke or two. Or more.
- Once back on topic, we were talking about fruit on a cover, and eventually, we reached the pineapple.
- Heath Red, Drama Queen
- Wait-wait-wait…how did David Bowie get into this?!
- Christina has a lot of fabric…but no idea what to do with it.
- At this point Deadpool becomes an unofficial fifth guest on the show.
- What’s next for Verena? Apparently, it’s time for her to boldly go…
- And at this point, Hot Topic becomes an unofficial sponsor for the show.
And here is the cover…
44:10 Writers off the Clock.
- Sorry about the overmodulation, everyone.
- Verena is not that impressed with the Craft Beer Movement here in the States.
- Where we traveled to during Verena’s and Christina’s stay…
- Old Bust Head Brewery
- Dogfish Head Brewery and Distillery
- Pen Druid Brewery
- Copper Fox Distillery
- Verena discovers Hot Topic, and we all descend into a Hot Topic tangent.
- After Hot Topic, the adventure home…
- And now, weathering the GREAT BLIZZARD OF 2016!!!
- We got voicemails WITHOUT boobs or booty!
- Mike Perna from Game Store Prophets delivers the love.
- Nobilis Reed asks a question about who is sexier—Eliza or Wellington…just so he can hear Verena’s voice…
- A quick tangent about the KING of Rock and Roll…..
- And around here…we completely become unhinged, and Thomas Willeford gets a plug…
- Piper J. Drake, you know from this show…and this show…and others………
- Nick Kelly, dropping a cosplay request to the ladies
- P.C. Haring asks if cosplayers ever influence the writers
1:18:48 Wrapping up
- What the hell is wrong with my board?!
- Maybe Hot Topic should sponsor The Shared Desk?
- Your obligatory Idris Elba mention.
- Tee’s planning to attend MAGFest 2016…which happened last week.
- Oh, and the fifth book really needs to get done…which is done, and is now in
- If you are in Germany, find Verena at the Leipzeig Book Fair 2016 and AnimeCon outside of Munich…
- We need to get Verena set up online. She’s got great cosplay to show off.
- “It’s not a Man-Purse! IT’S A SATCHEL!!!”
- What was up with Jack Bauer and his mobile phone?!
- Verena makes an appeal for patrons to fly Pip and Tee over to Bavaria. So talk to us! PayPal us!!!
- Massive jelly over Thomas Willeford and his (apparently) rich patrons!
- Did you hear that? We have voicemail — 703.791.1701
- Where to find us online…
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
on Tee, or the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences on Periscope
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.