Bleah! Between the Power Bug that Sonic Boom brought home from school and final reviews of The Janus Affair, Tee and Pip are finally back behind the mic, bringing a perspective on book bloggers, book reviews, and keeping it classy in light of a bad review.
00:00 — Introduction
- We’re back! (Did you miss us?)
- The joys of school-bred viruses
- The Janus Affair is now heading to press.
- What to expect from Wellington Eliza, and friends in the next few months…
- A plea to whomever sent me the drop-in’s.
- Working on steampunk faerie tales
- Elder Cat says “Oh hai!”
08:01 — Concerning Reviews
- We’d love to do a show on Scrivener, but writers (and now agents) keep doing some really stupid things!
- Elder Cat says “Oh hai!” again…
- Goodreads — an online network that loves Phoenix Rising.
- It all started with a review…or two….
- …and it ended with agents getting into the scrap.
- Rule #1 of Reviews: Not everyone will love you.
- How bad behavior affects your book
- Tee still hasn’t read The Night Circus on account of spam.
- The Tom Cruise Effect
- How bad reviews reflect positively on authors’ works
- An Authors’ WTH Moment: When Agents Attack
- Respecting the Book Bloggers
- How Book Bloggers Stand Taller than Amazon/Goodreads Reviewers
- If you don’t want an honest review, don’t approach Book Bloggers.
- Taking the fight to other networks like Twitter, Facebook, et. al.
- When is it a good time to question a bad review?
- Looking for common threads in good and bad reviews
- Why you must love Book Bloggers…like our girl, Mel!
33:58 — Writers Off the Clock
- Hold on — Tee’s got a WotC for Pip?
- The name of the game is Skylanders…and we bought it for Sonic Boom. (No. Really. We did!)
- A friend of Starla’s. A friend of ours. And her (bad) influence on the Boom…
- Sonic Boom was fighting back, so we were looking for and advantage. (In comes Skylanders.)
- And at 38:02, this happens…
- What Skylanders is all about
- How Sonic Boom plays into this new obsession
- Feline distractions
- Laying down the Law (and enjoying the results)
44:39 — The Wrap-Up
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.