We’re back, and we have been doing things honest.
00:00 Introduction and a wee Catch Up
- Phil Rossi has chosen Tee Morris as his Best Man. Will he be great at that?
- Pip has crossed the Pacific four times already, so…excuses…
- Gail Carriger’s latest book Prudence is out.
- We might not have released any episodes…but we have recorded a bunch.
- Promise we have two months worth of stuff for us.
- So hold it to us (WHAT???)
- Pip had a tough first trip, but all is well now.
- The second trip was loads of fun, so lets dive in…
- To Deadlines…
- Social Media for Writers is now coming Fall, but apparently social media platforms are a moving target
- The Shared Desk promises to get sensible (again don’t hold it to us)
- The Diamond Conspiracy is OUT! We love it, and we hope you do to.
- Dawn’s Early Light wins the RT Reviewers Choice Award
- Tee makes a choice between moonshine and craft beer…
8:25 To New Zealand
- We do things a little differently. Con in the middle.
- Te Papa and their awesome exhibits.
- Nothing like flight attendant in go go boots!
- We look into the history of World War I and New Zealand. If you can, go see their new exhibit on Gallipoli
- Tee is wrong. The last veteran of WWI died in 2012. Smug Pip is smug. And doing the shownotes.
- Pip tries to explain the significance of Gallipoli to New Zealanders.
- Perhaps spitting around New Zealand is not good advice.
- Dawn services in New Zealand are incredibly popular and moving
- Tee and Pip might get to see this exhibit, since it is apparently running for a few years.
- New Zealand is planning to bid for the 2020 Worldcon.
- Tee throws himself into the NZ craft beer movement. Starting with the Garage Project. Pip used to fill up on gas there, and now Tee filled up on beer.
- Tee lists what he did try.
- Tee loves the Venusian Pale Ale…though he hasn’t tried it yet. Go follow the Garage Project on Facebook.
- Tee discovers a beer made for consumption with Saturday morning cartoons.
23:07 On to Rotorua
- Reconnaissance: the 36th New Zealand National SFF&H convention is a blast
- Not a huge con, but a great turn out for New Zealand
- Pip and Tee ran a writing workshop…and made apparently work.
- Great booksigning at Atlantis Books
- And then finished off with a steampunk get together in the Government Gardens.
- A family trip to the Polynesian Spa, and manage not to boil
- Sonic Boom shows her parents up
27:39 On to Oamaru
- Tee and Pip travel to Steampunk Oamaru, and are made to feel welcome by the steampunks of Oamaru. Thanks to Agent Darling.
- Severely underestimation on how much there was to see and do.
- Finally above the fold!
- This is a town that has embraced its past, and then found steampunk
- Steampunk HQ is art gallery/interactive display/playground/mind-trip
- Pip and Tee struggle to adequately describe everything they saw. So go see it. Thank you to all those steampunks that came out.
- Possibility of a new short story.
- Steampunk play grounds rock!
- Even Pip got weirded out by driving through literally nowhere…no signal…nothing.
- Queenstown, the most touristy town in New Zealand with the worst parking. Still cool stuff to do.
- Pip won’t let Tee jump off a bridge, but finds a soda bar that serves wine.
- The New Zealand Whisky Collection, in Oamaru.
- Could be why we came back so relaxed.
41:13 Writers off the Clock. Daredevil
- Pip and Tee have a lot of TV to catch up on.
- Violent and will written.
- Tee admits liking parts of the movie. Pip manages not to run out of the room screaming…
- Charlie Cox has always been a great actor, but a bad-ass??
- The cinematography is just beautiful.
- More realistic fight scenes. Yay!
- Vincent D’Onofrio is intense but surprisingly touching as Wilson Fisk.
- Great television needs great writers and great actors.
- Pip and Tee love how it is tied into the wider MCU
54:07 What lies ahead
- We reach the end of a rather large Shared Desk
- No talking about what’s going within the writing community, unless you buy us a drink somewhere…
- Tee is the Best Man.
- Pip heads to RT in a pretty dress to pick up the award.
- Pip has some panels in Dallas.
- Then Balticon to celebrate with our tribe, and remember PG Holyfield
- We’ll have plenty of books to sell, including Tales of a Tesla Ranger, to benefit PG Holyfield’s Childrens Trust
- Roleplaying games will be had
- CapitalCon right in our backyard…not literally. Come meet our first cosplayer.
- See you soon!!
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.