This episode we head on back to March this year, when Katie Bryski was staying. The three amigos talk beer
00:00 Introduction, and a little commentary
- Tee gets his acting fix in and devours some candy
- Pip and Tee boogie down to some Canadian music.
- Pip gets cranky about passing time, but reminds listeners this is probably NOT SAFE FOR WORK.
- Pip fears the show notes…again…
4:31 We begin with beer
- Tee and Katie are happy. Pip is concerned she hasn’t drunk anything for this podcast.
- Katie enjoys her drop-in and claims sobriety.
- The King’s feast is all about meat
- Dogfish brewhouse should be the sponsor of this show
- Beer is better from handmade steins
- Katie is impressed with how much meat America has
- Tee has trouble with his Facebook posts, and Pip is a supportive wife.
- Katie and Tee wax lyrical about Dogfish Head’s ancient ales.
- And then wander towards Old Busthead Brewery
- Apparently Pip is bored by beer, and hands out some side-eye
15:43 The Topic at hand is found!
- Pip, K T and PC Haring head to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee
- The second year of Smoky Writers is held, and organized by Alex White
- The intrepid travelers meet a white out…not an Alex White out though…
- When trucks pull over, it’s a good and safe idea for you to pull off too.
- Welcome to the monastery of writing wherein we find Starla Huchton and Abigail Hilton
- The joys of a writing retreat—being surrounded by creative people
- Hugh O’Donnell and Bryan Lincoln
- There were awards
- Shout out to Chris Bupp and Renee Chantel White who cooked our meals
- Mention episode #40 here, live from Smoky Writers
- Pip has a biffing stone…whatever that is
- Alex White has a great series of blogposts on how you can do this kind of writing retreat. Part One. Part Two. Part Three. Part Four.
- Uh…ohhh problems with the cabin, but Alex is still awesome…
- Outlets, alcohol, food, friends, hot-tub(s)
25:09 What Tee got up to while we were away
- PJ Schnyder and Matt Ord worked with Tee on a book trailer, and shot in Richmond, Virginia.
- Tee waxes melancholy on previous book trailers, but admits some faults
- Thanks to James River Writers and Bill Blume
- Pip let’s Tee give his deep South story
- Once again the Proper Pie Company pops up again. Why are they not sponsoring this podcast too??!
- Pip tries to make a slogan for them.
34:46 Writers Off the Clock- Vampires and Gothic
- Pip and Tee introduce Katie to What We Do in the Shadows
- It is now available in the US, on itunes and other outlets
- So vampires flatting together
- Everyone does the accent, even the mayor of Wellington (Vellington)
- Everyone loves Stu!
- Even the Smoky Writers loved this movie!
- Katie is now hooked to Penny Dreadful
- Timothy Dalton reads Keats, and we all get it.
- Dave Robison reads for Katie’s work at Black Creek Pioneer Village
- Great cast, and great writing- but also lots of nakedness…
- Oh dancing so close to steampunk!
46:46 Time to wrap up
- Apparently they broke their stein
- Because of time shifting you’ve already missed us in Rotorua, Ravecon, and even Balticon
- Some Australians did actually come over!
- Katie hit AdAstra with Eric Buchanan
- Katie plugs her diabolical plot, but timeshifting means…whoops it has already happened!
- Katie hates to leave, and Viola doesn’t want her to go. Neither do we…
- The team heads out to watch Penny Dreadful with a bunch of apologies
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.
One Response to Episode #42 The Beer with Katie episode
Oh you guys came completely unglued. That was fantastic!