This episode Pip and Tee talk about their experience so far with running a Kickstarter Campaign to fund the fifth Ministry Book, The Ghost Rebellion.
- We hit 47, and so does Tee Morris!
- Pip points out she’d like to have a grape
- Ash vs The Evil Dead is much anticipated
- The final of the Rugby World Cup is this Saturday.
- Tee and his Dad shared some beers at Dogfish Head. They shared fun with Periscope. Find Tee over there.
03:42 Talking about Kickstarter at nearly two weeks in.
- 162% funded!
- Tee and Pip were involved in a Kickstarter with Galileo Games back in 2013
- Now the Ghost Rebellion Kickstarter is live.
- Pip lays down the situation that brought us to Kickstarting. It involves orphaning and sad violins.
- Luckily we live in the new, shiny world of publishing, and we know people to help us.
- We chose the barest minimum goal.
- Don’t forget about taxes Kickstarters! Don’t forget!!
- How social media bears repeating since it still misses people.
- Good thing Kickstarter campaigns go a month or folks might miss them altogether.
- Pip and Tee are excited and surprised to hit their goal so quickly.
- Talking about stretch goals and add-ons. Oh my!
- Plan for the basics, and then work from there.
- Keep something in the tank for the mid-campaign slump.
- As prepared as we were, we’re still a little caught out.
- Do your math—especially for physical offerings—twice before announcing.
- Our add-ons include hardbacks, signed prints from Verena Vosatz (including an exclusive Kickstarter only), key rings from Brute Force Studios.
- Everyone loves exclusives!
- Keep the graphics coming. People love images!
- Kicktraq has some pretty great estimates, but we are keeping our feet on the ground.
- Pip shares her plans for Operation Endgame.
- Tee’s head is hurting, but Pip presents what she thinks they are doing right. Thanks for the education JR and Brennan.
- Keep channels open, keep the updates coming for your backers, and listen to their suggestions.
- Keep some fun in reserve.
- Tee talks about failure, and Pip talks about leveraging New York.
- Go in realistically.
23:58 Writers off the Clock.
- John Cleese and Eric Idle Tour (which is wrapping up, which Pip and Tee didn’t know at the time of recording)
- Tee hesitated, but lucky they added a new show.
- Tee tells a story from Graham Chapman
- Pip compares the stories of the early days of Monty Python to the early days of podcasting…
- Pip suffers from wall to wall British.
- If you haven’t seen Monty Python, go watch some…perhaps on Youtube.
- We sang some fabulous songs…
- Nobilis calls in with information on the status of his innards
- Violet calls in for Uncle Charlie
- Uncle Charlie gets let out of the basement to Pip’s distrust.
- Charlie listens to voicemail, and then says something we’ve never heard from him before.
42:50 Wrapping up
- We love voicemail, so send us a question, comment for any of us.
- We’ve booked another event for 2016—Steampunk Worlds Fair. Check out our appearances page to find out where you can see us.
- Hoping the Tesla Science Center will be open then so we can see our Ministry Brick.
- Concentrating on getting to $15,000 for the Ghost Rebellion
- Pip has sent off Born in the Blood, their co-written project. Tee wrote the synopsis, while Pip drew a terrible map
- Onwards to Christmas!
- Pip tries to help, and there may be arguments…which Tee covers with music so Pip can’t edit it out.
TOTALLY EDITING THAT OUT….no she’s not…
So Tee is responsible for the lack of editing. Slacker.
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
on Tee, or the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences on Periscope
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.