This Shared Desk is back with the timeshifting content as they unleash a new, collaborating couple on the world…
00:00 — Introduction
- Our podcast can now retire…but why, when we are having this much fun?!
- And our special guests…Piper J Drake and HattsOfMatt who are visiting!!!
- It’s a great visit because MurLarkey was involved!
- Alright, time to sober up…
06:47 — New Collaborating Couples (with Piper and Matt!)
- Look at who is collaborating on a book together!
- And the drop-in’s are a-flying!
- Matt passes the buck.
- Piper J and Matthew are working on two proposals together!
- Piper blanks on the name of the inspiration behind her Fantasy epic…which is Inkarnate.
- Pip tries to pin Tee’s (then-current) stress level concerning The Silver Pharaoh on him, but…..
- The original plan for Silver Pharaoh
- This was supposed to be a solo project…and not for Tee.
- We pause for a few moments of madness.
- Tee brings it back…
- …and this is how Pip and I wound up having another shared title.
- That being said, Tee is loving the ride with the Ministry Seven.
- Pip’s Advice on Collaborating with a S.O. — Don’t hold a grudge.
- Yeah, this happened while Peej and Matt were here… (Expect to hear this at random points throughout the show.)
- The advantage and disadvantage of working across really long distances…
- Piper is stalking authors Ann Aguirre and Rachel Caine, working on a book together.
- Piper’s jam for collaboration: Google Docs.
- Tee’s secret weapon for getting in the last word: Good vodka.
- A joy of collaboration: The Second Brain.
- Remember that deadline we gave Matt back on Show #54? Well….
- Playing on strengths
- Tee makes people fight.
- Pip sets the scene.
- Matt relies on Piper to transcribe everything!
- Spitballing Sessions: That’s good times there, bae!
- If you listen close enough, you can hear Matt blushing.
- Tee’s Advice on Collaborating with a S.O. — Be able to take criticism.
- The Underwoods ain’t got nothin’ on Pip Ballantine
- Pip’s a black belt in Passive Aggressive behavior…with an emphasis on the aggressive.
- Matt’s Question: Why do you keep coming back to projects together?
- Quick plug for the Geek Wolfpack Podcast and PIP’S EMBIGGONING.
- Another reason to collaborate with a S.O.? It’s hella-fun!
- Oh dear, we broke Matthew.
35:11 — Loot Crate Lookie-Loo
- A return visit from Sonic Boom!
- The themes for this go-round
- For Mom & Dad — Speed
- For Boom — Battlefield
- Boom’s crate was a psyche-out — it’s just the membership tee-shirt.
- So Boom joins in for Speed
- Stark Racing from Iron Man II is the tee-shirt
- The Batwing from Tim Burton’s Batman.
- It’s Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds.
- A Flash hoodie. Not the kind of hoodie you would think though…
- A niiiiice Cylon Raider from Battlestar Galactica (the reboot)
- The Loot Crate pin — slick!
- Geeky parents are stepping up to see where their daughter’s crate is.
- What about these other geeky properties?
- Batman…not Boom’s fandom.
- Cars…could be Boom’s fandom.
- Boom waxes about past birthday parties and looks ahead to an upcoming celebration.
45:12 — Wrapping up
- Timeshifting back to the present day!
- The Loot Crate update
- What’s coming up…
- Got thoughts or comments on this show? We have voicemail — 703.791.1701
- Too much timeshifting!
- And here’s a quick throwback to when we were at Steampunk unLimited last year…
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
on Tee, or the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences on Periscope
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.