The streak ends.
We managed to post on our bi-weekly schedule without fail from the beginning of this year to August 24, but as our break was on account of the upcoming Curse of the Silver Pharaoh, we thought you would be okay wth that. Our next two shows we have pre-recorded and are timeshifting the crap out of them, but we are back on track after a month of hardcore editing!
On this episode of The Shared Desk, we’re following-up with frequent guest and adoptive-Canadian-daughter, author K.T. Bryski, talking about her podcast Six Stories Told at Night. If you recall on Episode #46, we talked about the grant she submitted for this project. Now hear about the end result!
00:00 — Introduction
- Tee flies solo in the introduction
- So ends the streak.
- Getting back on track with author K.T. Bryski.
01:55 — Episode #64: Follwing Up with K.T. Bryski
- We like running video with Skype because we like the eye contact.
- What brings K.T. back to the Shared Desk?
- Back in October 2015, we talked about Grants onIf you recall on Episode #46.
- Now, welcome to Episode #64.
- A good chunk went to the vocal talent, Blythe Haynes. (And yes, she earned it!)
- What is Six Stories Told at Night…apart from awesome?
- What a breathtaking score! WHAT TALENTED MOFO DID YOU HIRE?!
- And now, Tee works through his insecurity with Alex. (No, no, no….I love you, Alex…)
- How some alcohol at the Smoky Writers Retreat becomes an incredible original score.
- And, of course, artwork from Starla!
- You got the idea. Now how do you get money from DAT HANDSOME PM and his governmental friends?
- Where do you learn how to write grants?
- The Ontario Arts Council teaches grant writing courses, but here’s a Google search string asking just that question!
- Plain words, plain paper
- Use assertive words and language in your proposal.
- Why not use Kickstarter instead of applying through a grant?
- The Shared Desk—TOTES UNEDITED!!!
- When applying for grants, what happens when you are done?
- Is there a review of the project?
- Is there promotion from the grant foundation?
- What happens after the project is done?
- How is the accountability handled?
- How has K.T.’s podcasting platform and recent writing accolades affected the Six Stories launch and its run?
- 2016 has been the Year of Bryski!
- K.T. and Blythe are up to some shenanigans at Black Creek….
- What’s the response been to Six Stories?
- And K.T. displays her bass drum skills.
- A bit more man-love for the Canadian P.M.
- Wait, what was the question? (Mmmmm….Trudeau……….)
- So—Grants? worth it?
- What’s next for K.T. Bryski?
- Where will K.T. be?
- CanCon (come and gone….)
- Road Tripping to Northern Virginia!
- And Tee lapses into his inner-Donald. (Sorry about that, folks.)
34:32 — The Loot Crate Lookie-Loo
- First time in-studio special guest…
- How’s THAT for a trip down Memory Lane?!
- One of Boom’s Early Words: “Podcast” (Parenting Done Right!)
- Boom went with Gaming out of the Loot Crate options. Here’s why…
- Overwatch? Yeah, that’s Boom’s jam.
- Inside Boom’s FIRST crate…
- August’s Theme — Mecha (as part of Loot Crate Gaming)
- A cyberpunk figure from Deus Ex
- A tee-shirt from Destiny (and Dad can’t trade it with Boom because it isn’t his size…DAMN!)
- POP QUIZ: What are the three classes in Destiny? #ProudGamerParentsMoment
- Back to the Loot Crate…
- A baseball hat from Lawbreakers
- A “Big Daddy” patch from the original Bioshock
- A “Clap Trap” bottle opener from Borderlands 2
- A baseball hat from Lawbreakers
- The interior of the crate reminds Boom of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and we go into the science of the box art.
- Anyone out there know Lawbreakers?
- Running down Boom’s first crate: Keep, In the Geek Box, or Something for a Friend?
- Good first impression on Boom from Loot Crate!
- Hey, LootCrate — how about a Stranger Things crate? Something to think about!
50:24 — Wrapping up
- The Curse of the Silver Pharaoh drops tomorrow!
- Where are we going to be between now and the end of the year…
- 14-16 October, Steampunk unLimited in Strasburg, PA
- 22 October, The Maryland Renaissance Festival in Annapolis, MD for the “Day of Wrong”
- 18-20 November, PhilCon in Cherry Hill, NJ
- We are getting your voicemails and email, but we’ve been recording jam-packed shows of late. We will be getting to them soon! Until then…
- Call us at 703.791.1701 (now accessible through the Instagram app!)
- Send me email — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send Pip email — email@example.com
- …or find us on social media everywhere.
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
leave us a voicemail or questions for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes or Stitcher!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.