Sorry for the skip in the weeks. We’ve been kind of busy these past few weeks. Let us bring you up to speed!
00:00 — Introduction
- Creeping towards Show #100….
- Missed a week here and there, but we are on a….somewhat regular-ish schedule?
- Sure, we got some feedback in the hopper, but we’re going to focus on something else…
- Pip’s got a new book out! Have you got your copy of Immortal Progeny yet?
- Tee’s trying to keep up with writing, but his Dad has not been making things easy…
- The K.T. Brisket has been perfected. So we’re waiting for K.T. to come back for another visit!
03:58 — Episode 73: Something Old, Something New
- I ask again—have you got your copy of Immortal Progeny yet?
- This is her first solo book since Harbinger!
- A synopsis…with drop-in’s.
- What took this book so long?
- Pip goes deep into an epic fantasy locked in a religious war, and two more are coming…
- While Pip has been working on Immortal Progeny, Tee gets tapped by Wiley Publishing again!
- Podcasting for Dummies, 2nd Edition hit the shelves over a decade ago.
- On the third royalty check for this decade-old book, Tee started making calls.
- In February, offers were made. In March, contracts were signed.
- Coming to shelves in September 2017 — Podcasting for Dummies, 3rd Edition. BETTER. STRONGER. FASTER.
- Anyone remember the iRiver?
- Updating a decade-old book…
- So what happened today? Somebody asked Tee about Billibub Baddings.
- When working on titles, it’s not about the art. It’s about paying bills. It’s about survival. It’s about business.
- A lesson for writers with Elizabeth Bear from Edgar Allan Poe…
- Tee doesn’t want to phone it in…and there was a nagging voice Tee was haunted by…
- Even Pip wants Tee to get back to DOPE.
- A full plate. That is what is going on in 2017—a full friggin’ plate.
- Tee is picking a direction. It is forward.
31:46 — Writers Off the Clock
- We prefer to be positive in our Writers Off the Clock segment…but we’re talking about Marvel’s Iron Fist.
- Was it the whitewashing? Nope. Was it Finn Jones? Nope. (But he did not help his case at all.)
- WHO’S TO BLAME? THE WRITERS!
- Iron Fist is what happens when a project is rushed.
- PROPS TO THE LADIES!!!
- This is a first draft. A terrible first draft. LET’S FILM IT!
- Another problem I got: The way martial arts are handled.
- Absolute amateur hour.
- When you watch Into the Badlands, this is your bar, Marvel Entertainment. You have to clear it.
- What was Marvel doing? Cutting corners with martial arts? In Iron Fist?
- QUICK UPDATE FROM TEE ON FINISHING IRON FIST
- The script remained throughout a real disservice to the actors.
- This isn’t all Finn Jones’ fault.
- The big finale…meh.
- Lots of time in corporate boardrooms…or BOREDrooms?
- Does Finn Jones get a pass for not knowing martial arts? EXHIBIT A: The Matrix.
- Iron Fist was a rushed project, and it shows.
47:43 — The Wrap-Up
- Hey, Marvel, don’t like our compinions? FIGHT US!
- Call us at 703.791.1701 (now accessible through the Instagram app!)
- Send Tee email — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send Pip email — email@example.com
- …or find us on social media everywhere.
- What’s coming in 2017…
- 28-30 April, RavenCon 12 in Williamsburg, VA
- 18 – 21 May, The Nebula Awards Conference in Pittsburgh, PA (It will be Katie, Tee, and Pip…along with others from the Smoky Retreat!)
- Tee and Pip will be visiting Balticon…
- Events in the works…
- A steampunk tea in Ellicott City, Maryland…
- Guest speakers at a Mystery conference…
- …and a return to Revel Grove in October!
- And Tee isn’t busy enough so he’s launch a new podcast all about the video game, Destiny!
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
leave us a voicemail or questions for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes or Stitcher!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.