We are kicking off 2019 the only way we know how at The Shared Desk. We’re bringing in a special guest who has never been on the show, but is practically art of the family. Welcome to The Shred Desk author Tim Dodge.
Tim Dodge is a regular fixture at the Smoke Writers Retreat, and is taking first steps into professionally writing fiction, but he is no stranger to writing professionally as he writes technical documents on a freelance basis.
The Shared Desk, now recorded LIVE on Twitch at Tee’s Twitch Channel, after looking back on a year that was very 2018, turns its attention to what is coming this year, as well as looks at the not-so-simple life of a writer when writing is a 9-to-5 occupation.
00:00 — Introduction
- Oh yeah, we’re kicking off the new year right…with a show recorded last year. (See what I did there?)
- It is a night of firsts!
- A mild spoiler from Bandersnatch
- It’s a night of adult beverages and seamless plugs.
- From one of the authors behind Podcasting for Dummies, Twitch for Dummies (advance copies) has arrived!
02:56 — Episode #93: Looking Ahead to 2019 (with Tim Dodge)
- Meet Tim Dodge
- He was passing through and decided to spend some time with us.
- Did you know that there is more to New York than just a big city?
- Head north for some beautiful country
- Tim is a writer of many backgrounds.
- The Life of a Working Writer
- How does writing “day job” content affect productivity with fiction projects?
- Tim’s initiation into The Shared Desk.
- Tee’s own work with Code.gov and writing for them while working with other projects.
- How does working on “day job” stuff affect your creativity?
- The lure (and dangers) of a day job writing gig
- ….and juggling projects.
- Tim’s got both indie and professional publishing credits under his belt. Take a look at what he’s got available.
- Tim Dodge goes back home in his steampunk tale for Tee & Pip.
- Looking ahead to 2019
- Tee’s looking even further ahead to a writing retreat he wants to do when he turns 55…
- Back on track and looking ahead…
- Experiencing the K.T. Bryski Editing Experience
- The freedom of arriving to a writing retreat with a clean slate
- Still looking ahead…
- Aiming for a return to the Maryland Renaissance Festival
- Tee targets TwitchCon.
- Writing Goals for 2019
- More Ministry spinoffs planned
- Dope needs a home. This means, Tee needs to find an agent.
- The dangers of writing in Romance
- Just accept it — Pip is right.
- And Pip is aiming to return to The Books of the Order in 2019.
49:38— The Wrap-Up
- Time flies with friends.
- Wrapping up the podcast, but when you follow or subscribe to the stream, you get the extra content!
- Find Tim Dodge online…
- Twitch for Dummies, coming soon…
- Pip’s Patreon is still going strong in case you were wondering.
- If you have an event and want The Shared Desk to appear there, or if you just want to share an opinion about the show, here’s where to find us…
- …and social media, of course.
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
leave us a voicemail or questions for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes or Stitcher!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.