This episode it is just Pip and Tee in the studio…but it is a somewhat different studio.
00:00 Introduction, and a little commentary
- Pip and Tee make eye contact for the first time on the Shared Desk
- Tee has some new drop ins…
- The duo look forward to seeing Ash vs the Evil Dead.
- Pip has cracked and is looking for drop ins herself
- Stuff is getting painted because Pip looks at too much Pinterest
05:26 Making time to make author space
- The old ‘shared desk’ is dead after a hammer attack
- Two desks together mean Pip and Tee can talk to each other. Here’s what they went with.
- No one likes upside down kit set furniture
- When choosing furniture, make sure to take into account cats
- Pip is getting used to it, after perching!
- Getting cocky with a rubber band Pip found in her desk!
- Does new space mean more creativity?
- Less distractions and being together seem to be helping
- Shared offices often mean side to side seating, or back to back.
- Nick Kelly and Stacia D Kelly have a interesting layout in their office.
- Pip likes her drawers
- The benefits (and dangers) of having multiple monitors.
- Tee now has his back to the door.
- Pip and Tee have no chance of an author shed
23:18 Writers off the clock. Sense8
- As writers Pip and Tee are digging Sense8
- Even though Tee spells it wrong
- Sense8 has some of the most global, diverse and fascinating writing.
- Check out the cast
- Supporting characters are also amazing
- Like writing novels, having a plan is a good idea. Sense8 has a five season arc apparently.
- Exposes watchers to different realities.
- Tee waxes lyrical on actors he has known
- Even the music is beautiful
- Conan and Van Damme have their moments
38:44 Wrap Up
- There is no chance of a half an hour the Shared Desk
- Since Pip is staring at the board now so she’s in charge of upcoming appearances
- If you’re in New York at the Writer’s Digest Pip and Tee are talking about social media and steampunk
- Look for the duo at Steampunk Unlimited.
- Tee and Pip are working on the fifth Ministry book and on an epic fantasy series called, the Blood Road (lots of dead people already!)
- New supplements for the Ministry Initiative have been approved so look for the villains soon! Buy Tools of the Trade now…
- Donations were made to Inn Roads Ministries and TavernCon
- Our model will hopefully be back for Book Five of the Ministry
- Thanks to the fans, we’re on Locus Bestseller List
- Send us a picture of your writing space!
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.