Nope, no special guests. This time, you’re stuck with us. Fair warning about that — we may be a touch slaphappy, too….
00:00 — Introduction
- Remember, Pip, this was YOUR idea!
- We have finished developmental edits for The Ghost Rebellion! What-WHAAAAT?!?
- This episode brought to you by Hot Topic!
- Beer just tastes better when drank out of FanboyGlass.com.
- Tee tries something now from Dogfish Beer — Romantic Chemistry
- We are flying solo after three episodes…so yeah — just us this go round…
03:45 — Killing Your Darlings
- Developmental editing — a lot like spending a weekend in either Midsomer County or Cabot Cove
- We took a hatchet to our latest book, The Ghost Rebellion…but no worries, Verena & Christina, Eliza still gets to do the thing.
- Starting at 120K, down-up-down-down-up….
- Blah-blah-blah? Seriously?
- The difference between developmental edits and line edits
- During these edits, our Kickstarter popped its head up to offer unexpected challenges.
- I think Pip needs a nap…
- The evolution of a character, thanks to SCIENCE!
- Oh, did you see what Pip did there with pushing our Ministry newsletter?
- Cutting chapters is not the same as deleting characters!
- Matt Drake is a bad influence on Tee.
- Suna Dasi and Sarah Daniels are stepping in to help us out when we are culturally challenged. Maybe J.K. Rowling should have made a few calls…
- What happens after the first round of developmental edits?
- How Destiny comes into play with this show…
- Want to make an author cry? Change a project’s parameters.
- Walking the line between the integrity of your work and being a professional.
- Tee’s Editing Patronus, Miss Sarah Hunter…
- Courtesy. It’s not all bad, you know?
- Knowing the word count for your project is always a good thing.
- Another problem with the developmental edits—making really hard calls when it comes to character’s individual fates.
- Don’t be afraid to cut.
25:4o — Writers Off the Clock
- What choo wanna do? I wanna shoop, baby…..
- Talkin’ ’bout Deadpool.
- Amazing what you can do with a limited budget.
- What Deadpool and Howard Stern have in common…and then, going just that step further.
- What Deadpool and The Passion of the Christ have in common…
- This isn’t Verena’s first time modeling, but she is a little overwhelmed by being on a book cover. (Still, she loves it…a lot!)
- Favorite one liners.
- Ah, the joys of improvisation.
- IKEA was paying attention when this movie was being made.
- Remember, it’s not Wham……
- What Deadpool got right, and kept getting right throughout the film…
39:25 — Wrapping up
- Doesn’t the show sound GREAT?! Well, there’s a good reason why…
- What’s coming up for us?
- MAGFest 2016…so, how was it?
Pretty darn cool! I presented The Big Score, and got my geek on hard!
(And I think, Nick Kelly, we have a panel idea!)
- A quick tangent on Destiny…
- The 2016 Smokey Mountain Writers Retreat, coming next week. Want to know what this retreat is like? We got audio! And we got stuff to work on…
- 9-17 April — The 2016 RT Convention
- 13-15 May — The 2016 Steampunk World’s Fair
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 22 October — The Maryland Renaissance Festival (Wait…what?)
- 22-24 July, Motor City Steam Con and on 14-16 October, Steampunk unLimited
- MAGFest 2016…so, how was it?
- Got thoughts or comments on this show? We have voicemail — 703.791.1701
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
on Tee, or the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences on Periscope
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.