We can smell episode 100! We had to stream this twice though….
01:22 Into 2020
- Tee and Pip have plenty of plans
- Time for prohibition?
- Check out where we will be in 2020
- Tee helped found RavenCon. So we will be there this year!
- Escape Velocity in Washington DC
- Tee guesses wrong
- Gencon bound!!
- We had a time a great time last year, looking forward to more shenanigans in Indy
- Next up Key City Steampunk Festival which is now in Gettysburg, PA
- And then venturing into Florida, as Guests of Honor at Necronomicon in Tampa Florida!
- Tee heads back to TwitchCon
- Twitch for Dummies is now a year old!
- These old bones can manage this schedule
- Tee and Pip have a few requirements for traveling to events…
- …but they will do a Shared Desk LIVE!
- Asking the organizers of events works- but get in advance
- Our writers’ retreat is coming up… and this year, we’re heading to the beach!
16:49 Talking Publications
- Pip has a schedule… with a nebulous section
- Didn’t work out so well last year, but that is why we go with nebulous
- Chuck Wendig’s post on write what you want, because everything is falling apart.
- Pip and Tee put a lot of expectations and pressure on writing last year.
- However Tee’s 2020 started off with a bang.
- Podcasting for Dummies is going
- Discord for Dummies is currently under construction, but Tee just lost a month
- So let’s write what we want to write.
- Pip *sigh*
- The Weald, is Pip’s current WIP. A fantasy novel set in Regency England
- At the same time, she’s editing the first book of the Spectral Protectors. The Fierce Dead– now available for pre-order
- Pip and Tee argue about The Secret of the Monkey God release date
- Pip also plans book Two of the Spectral Protectors.
- Death and the Falcon or Falcon and the RAVEN, the story of Henrietta Falcon and Sophia del Morte are planned for the end of the year.
- Tee’s heart is calling him to write, Villainy LLC, a story of the B List superheroes. Setting it in Richmond, VA
- Check in with us at the end of the year
- Pip wants Tee to get back to enjoying the pure creativity of just writing
- Tee is still thinking about retooling Dope story.
- Pip suggests putting away a project for awhile to give perspective
- Pip is resetting, by making sure to read every day.
- No faux Jane Austen though.
31:35 Writers Off the Clock: The Witcher
- Pip wants to find a show where Henry Cavill takes a bath
- Tee brings an ear worm
- Based on the books from Poland
- Prepare for the cosplaying!!
- Party City wig was replaced… thank goodness!!
- The separate timelines took a bit to work out
- Episode 4 was a little wobbly… but we forgive them
- Pip starts streaming Philippa’s Freaky Friday playing Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt. Check in on Friday nights for fun times…
- Stealing from peasants is part of the story… morally wrong as that is.
If you have an event and want The Shared Desk to appear there, or if you just want to share an opinion about the show, here’s where to find us… 703.791.1701
…and social media, of course.
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
leave us a voicemail or questions for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on Spotify, iTunes or Stitcher!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.