After two days of recording and a plethora of technical glitches, we are back for another episodes with our new intern and return Canuck, ForeWord-nominated author, Katie Bryski! Join us as Katie, fresh from Stonecoast, come in-studio to talk about this amazing experience that she has embarked upon…
00:00 — Introduction
- We are on a roll!!!
- G’day, eh? We have a guest in the studio again! Throw on the back bacon — it’s Katie Bryski!
- Things you shouldn’t do after the Smoky Writers: Have your liver tested.
- Pip bitches about the drop-in’s. Again. (And remember this…for later on in the show…)
- Since the Smoky Writers events, what have Tee & Pip been up to?
- The Silver Pharaoh is submitted to Laurie.
- Wolf in the Fold is also submitted to Laurie.
- Audio recording for Ministry Protocol is underway.
- Tee’s still job hunting, still working on Wolf in the Fold, and also working on something for Valentine’s Day.
- What Katie has been up to since Stonecoast?
- She’s our intern for February!
- Katie is still working on a book that is formally known as formerly known as Styx.
- In Season Three of Tales from the Archives, things get very Canadian!
14:48 — All about Stonecoast (with Katie Bryski)
- The first challenge of Stonecoast: Get to the right Portland!
- What exactly is Stonecoast?
- Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
- Low-Residency (so you can do this from home…)
- Residency is in Portland, ME
- Tee’s mic problems and Pip’s odd need for editing…eh, just go with it!
- Working with Mentors (who are working authors)
- This isn’t NaNoWriMo or a writers’ retreat, folks. This is graduate school. For writers.
- And there is Tee, just being far too ‘Murican.
- From #MicFAIL to #DropInFAIL
- Pip asks who would Tee want to have as his Writing Mentor…and Pip makes an uber-#SteampunkFAIL.
- But Katie is a published author already…so why does Katie need a Masters Degree in Writing?
- Katie looks at the goals of Stonecoast she’s looking to accomplish through this program.
- Tee and Pip are a touch green with envy over Katie’s journey with Stonecoast.
- For someone who hates drop-in’s, Pip’s asking a lot from Tee in this episode.
- Does Stonecoast have business angles covered?
- Stonecoast offers another aspect of the writers’ community
33:44 — Seriously?! Seriously.
- Another #DropInFAIL but we’ll get this…
- It’s kind of important before you go into a blog tour to know what to do when you’re on a blog tour.
- Copy-Paste-Here’s-Your-Blogpost….no, that’s not what you do.
- If you are too busy to go on a blog tour because you are too busy promoting, you’re lost in #EpicFAIL
- There are bigger problems afoot if you don’t have evergreen blog content to offer a blog tour.
- Is the problem a lack of ideas? (As we show, nope.)
41:25 — The Wrap-Up
- So excited that we have Katie for a little more time!
- Katie is gathering a lot of dirt on it.
- And she’s a good intern ’cause she’s getting Tee coffee!
- Pip and Tee struggle to keep the show on target
- Weather Child now has a cover.
- Tee & Pip head down to Richmond for The Writers’ Show!
- Dawn’s Early Light hits the shelves at the end of March!
- Something special coming up in February….
- Oh yeah, RavenCon as well!
- Sweet as! Katie is coming to Balticon!!! And she’s talking about beer!!!
- We need a better sign-off for Katie…
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.