Fresh from their WorldCon experience, Tee & Pip bring to The Shared Desk their first interview and introduce a new segment to the show. There is also talk of their next con appearance and what lies ahead for the Fall.
00:00 — Introduction
- Tee reflects on his days in radio…and when he needed to pee.
- Still free-forming it, and it’s WINNING!
01:24 — The Strategy with eBooks: What Tee & Pip Are Planning, and Why
- In Reno, the Agent Savant herself, Laurie McLean, challenges us to develop a digital strategy
- Pip is hardly a stranger to eBooks with Chasing the Bard and Digital Magic
- People thought the earthquake caused the damage at Washington Cathedral…
- The evolution of eBooks, starting with MOREVI’s EPPIe nomination
- Calling “Shenanigans!” on changes in contracts, sales reports, and pricing.
- The painful experience of reading eBooks (then again, it could have been the book I chose…)
- 9:56 — Pip’s calls Tee out (and since Tee said “You’re right…” he sleeps soundly.)
- Technology’s offerings for eBooks
- What really happens at Pip’s “Card Night”…
- eBooks from the authors’ point-of-view
- The appeal of a 99¢ short story
- The method within our eBook madness
- An iTunes approach to anthologies
- What is a 99-Penny Dreadful?
- Digital publishing — the new market for short stories and novellas?
29:01 — Seriously? Seriously.
- A new trend in authors marketing themselves as BESTSELLING AUTHORS
- When Scott Sigler called himself a “bestseller” before he hit the New York Times Bestseller List
- When authors abuse or cheapen the “Bestseller” title
- Why we don’t call ourselves “bestsellers” (even though we could)
- Other titles that authors throw around alongside “bestselling”
- Put up, or shut up!
36:34 — Writers Off the Clock: High School of the Dead
- An import from Japan has grabbed our attention…
- What past ladies in Tee’s life thought of anime
- In High School of the Dead, the T&A in the opening credits also happens in the anime!
- We’re not hung up over sex, but we are distracted.
- Tee’s defines “alternative anime,” and compares it to the mainstream.
- Now for the good news — High School of the Dead is Walking Dead good.
- A good anime series, but be prepared…
47:44 — The Wrap-Up
- This show is just getting easier and easier…and time flies!
- Where you can find our 99-Penny Dreadfuls
- NEXT SHOW: Special Guest P.C. Haring, in studio with us to talk about writing in other authors’ universes
- Counting down to FenCon (September 23-25,2011)
- Get details about schedules, tweet up’s, and such at Tee’s and Pip’s Facebook Group pages
- Are there tiki bars in Texas?
- Where you can find us (and even our steampunk characters) online for feedback and questions for Crazy Uncle Charlie
Websites We Give a Shout-Out to
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.