Adjusting to new schedules is still hard.
An entire summer got by us, but we said we were going to make Show #90 count, and how did we do that? How about this?!
Yes, we are taking the show to Twitch, and on Tee’s Twitch Channel, bringing all the wackiness and goofiness that you expect from us, only now including video and the magic of going LIVE!
If you missed the show…well, you’ll just have to listen (or watch) and see if we will decide to do it again.
00:00 — Introduction
- If you’re going to come back, do it with some panache!
- Upping our game, we’re giving Twitch a shot!
- The magic of going live.
- We have adult beverages as we go live. Hold on to something.
- Hold up, that OP Seat is Tee’s seat!
- Not bad numbers for a first step out…
04:51 — Episode #90: Catching Up and Summing Up the Summer…LIVE on Twitch!
- Let’s try and get back on track…
- Tee’s on deadline with Twitch for Dummies
- Tee begins to regret going live with Pip.
- Apart from finishing the book, Tee’s struggling with one of the Parts of Tens.
- So what are your hosts drinking? Glad you didn’t ask.
- Getting an opinion on how to solve this dilemma…and that was quick.
- Nick Kelly doubles down and claims that Pip on Twitch is the best — thing — EVAR!!!
- Pip’s summer has been all about her new project.
- Pip’s Patreon is offering free stories to her subscribers!
- Six women, six mermaids.
- An epic collection of awesomeness
- …and this is on top of Pip getting her Books of the Order and Shifted World rights back.While Pip
- Again, the magic of going live. And Pip was worried about Tee getting inappropriate!
- Pip manages to get back on track. Thank God!
- Did you know about the Books & Braun Dossier? This is a thing!
- Pip is getting really, really good at laying out books in InDesign.
- Hey, who is in this mermaid collection?
- Don’t think Tee has forgotten about Dope.
- Did Tee mention that he’s still digging his new job?
- He’s got a new toy for his video work.
- There’s a difference between Gimli and gimbal.
- What’s Dope? Well, here is the origin story behind it…
- New genres, new challenges
- What else is on the White Board Wall?
- Death and the Falcon is itching to be written…by Pip, anyway.
- MUNCH IS IN CHAT!!!
- Talking a little bit about what’s happing in the publishing world…
- Createspace becomes part of the grand Amazon machine
- The jump was not so bad,at least for Pip.
- Stacia D. Kelly introduces Pip to Later.com, and Tee digs it!
- Some serious talk about Vellum, and why InDesign is still an essential tool for indie writers.
- Adobe has a lot going for it, even beyond InDesign.
- The problem with being hommans to floof…
35:55 — Loot Crate Lookie-Loo
- Tee confesses to having a bit of a blunder with Loot Crate. Yeah…whoops.
- And now we are looking at this month’s Loot Crate: MAYHEM
- A Rick & Morty Monster Mayhem Statue
- A Batman smartphone pop
- Pip claims the Harley Quinn notepad for herself
- The pin is a nod to Courage the Cowardly Dog
- An Office Space tee…which is heading to the prize bin.
- Pip is concerned about the amount of plastic arriving to the house.
42:26 — Writers Off the Clock
- The way adaptations work
- Murder on the Orient Express, featuring David Suchet’s Hercules Poirot
- Inspired by Murder on the Orient Express, featuring Kenneth Branagh’s Hercules Poirot
- The various approaches to Murder on the Orient Express
- What was with the voice, Finney?
- The evolution of Hercule Poirot under Suchet
- It’s a little unfair to compare Branagh to Suchet
- It’s like comparing Sherlocks between Downey, Cumberbatch, and Brecht.
- The differences between Branagh and Suchet, and the ending.
- You want spoilers? Tee and Pip got some spoilers.
- Two separate approaches, and both work.
- Agatha really did not care for Poirot.
- Check out these films and see how one work can spawn different interpretations.
54:32 — The Wrap-Up
- Pip really is an optimist.
- Where will Pip and Tee be, you might wonder?
- 20 October — The Maryland Renaissance Festival
- 27 October — Hallow Read in Ellicott City, MD
- 16-18 November — Philcon
- Did we mention Pip’s Patreon?
- Coming this Fall — Tee turns 50!!!
- We’re going to Germany!
- And we’re getting the band back together…
- And for our anniversary, we’re going quite posh this go round.
- If you have an event and want The Shared Desk to appear there, or if you just want to share an opinion about the show, here’s where to find us…
- …and social media, of course.
- So…should we do this Twitch thing again?
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
leave us a voicemail or questions for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes or Stitcher!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.