Special thanks to Corbin J Drake for the photo.
Leave it to the Dog Days of Podcasting to remind Tee that TODAY he and Pip were supposed to put out a new episode of The Shared Desk.
Staying organized is hard, but Tee’s got a few tricks that help him out with projects, timelines, and appointments. What are you favorite organization methods? Share them with us here!
Find Tee on Twitter here,
leave a voicemail or questions for the Dog Days of Podcasting at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
I’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find this show on iTunes or Stitcher!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
We are back. ALL OF US! We had such a blast talking about 2015, we decided to keep the mics hot and talk a bit about 2016, so let’s not keep you waiting!
And hey— this is Episode 50!!!
00:00 — Introduction
- The Mid-Life Crisis Episode….well, no not really…
- Did we just drop a teaser for Episode #51?
- Guests—SOUND OFF!!!
- A liver joke…that K.T. doesn’t get?
- So we were planning to talk about 2015 and 2016 all in one show, but we all talk a lot….
- When you have houseguests, get some mileage out of them.
- Sonic Boom’s epic mic drop during her bedtime prayer. More like an audition for Trinity Episcopal.
- What we’ve been doing during this wild weekend with houseguests…which includes getting in word count…
- Drawing a parallel between Ex Machina and The Force Awakens
07:17 — Looking Ahead to 2016
- To hear about what we accomplished last year, listen to this show.
- K.T. Bryski is graduating from Stonecoast!
- While waiting for her graduation, K.T.’s starting a novel
- Tee blacks out on a really cool show done back in September where K.T. is working on a one-act play.
- K.T. wants to work on other ideas germinating and gestating in her head.
- Lauren “Scribe” Harris, has a multi-pronged plan for 2016
- Obtaining her license
- Completing second drafts on two novels
- Completing audiobook projects
- Writing a musical with K.T.
- K.T. and Lauren share a moment of cuteness with just a touch of Jack Bauer
- Lauren also has a cover shoot coming up
- Matthew J. Drake
- Piper is having a happy anime girl moment.
- Matt is grasping the hard reality about the best laid plans.
- Matt Drake, the Unexpected Author
- Still pursuing advanced degrees and opportunities
- Matt is still in video games, but not so much with Twitch.
- Audio is drawing Matt into the flame….
- Piper J. Drake kicks off 2016 with a BRAND NEW BOOK!
- Big step for PJD who is coming out of a box swinging HARD.
- Hardcore promotion lies ahead.
- With five books coming in 2016, she’s already lining up future projects!
- Piper cracks the whip on Tee, and conspires with Pip…
- Tee and Pip are also hitting 2016’s ground running
- Complete The Ghost Rebellion
- Complete Countless Hues of Crimson
- Begin work on Operation: Endgame
- Pip looks to complete The Silver Pharoh
- Tee looks at Wolf in the Fold…again.
- The Kickstarter has committed Tee to writing and recording Little Red Flying Hood
- And with lessons learned in all our Kickstarter, Tee wants to pitch Crowdfunding for Writers to Writers’ Digest
- …provided there are no surprise home D.I.Y. Projects.
27:41 — How do we make all this happen in 2016?
- Piper J. prioritizes the projects by contracts, money value, and Any.do, day planners with neat-o re-stickable stickers, and Scrivener as a series bible!
- A few thoughts about Evernote, something Tee needs to explore.
- Matt just needs to narrow down his goals, and he’s planing a new website.
- Technology is Matt’s jam, particularly a smartphone that does what it wants you to to do and has a LOT of space.
- Lauren loves paper, by the way. That, and Angry Canadians.
- An analog girl, Lauren works with old school day planners that are associated with their own unique projects.
- Lauren’s secret for beautiful skin? A sound booth.
- Lauren needs to get that license…then the creative endeavors take off.
- How will K.T. make her 2016 happen? COFFEE.
- K.T. also has to schedule her creativity around Black Creek Brewery.
- The struggle is real between creativity and exhaustion.
- How do you fit in time (and energy) for writing?
- A discussion on Write or Die.
- Another discussion on writing with music in the background.
56:13 Wrapping up
- Just in case you missed the links at the beginning of the cast…
- And we are all over the social medias
- I think Pip is a little tired, needs a nap…
- Closing out with Sebastian reading the end credits.
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
on Tee, or the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences on Periscope
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.