Prepare to go deep into this episode where we talk about productivity and how Tee has managed to improve his with a new tool.
00:00 — Introduction
- No one likes the Mirror Universe, especially K T Bryski
- Sebastian stops the bell. And makes his presence known throughout the episode.
BUT LOOK AT DIS FAES! HOW KAN U RESIST DAT FAES?!??!
- Tee’s commute was a word killer
- Pip blames Destiny….just a little bit.
- Piper J Drake makes an appearance…from the æther!
04:39 — Productivity with a Dragon
- Piper suggested Dragon Anywhere the mobile version of Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Tee is intrigued and gives it a shot
- Syncs with Dropbox and Evernote
- In Tee’s commute of about an hour one way, got 1500 words.
- Pip reckons 3,000 per day is a nice pace
- Tee reads how it came out, the first time… a little word soupy. Play the game while editing ‘what does that sound like?’
- The app does learn and so does the person
- Pip worries if there is a tangent coming…
- There is. Battlestar Galactica dictation.
- Still dictation is better than typing on your laptop in traffic.
- The dragon stops listening if the phone goes to sleep, or if it doesn’t hear anything after 15-30 seconds
- Tee didn’t read the instructions. Surprise!
- Sebastian tries to send Pip to sleep
- Night’s Plutonian Shore gets a mention
- Sebastian continues to interrupt from the Desk
- Just tell the Dragon to sync
- Tee is much happier thanks to this Dragon, but his podcast listening will take a hit
- Reading aloud really helps you spot the problems in your work
29:01 — The Loot Crate Lookie-Loo!
- Tee gets to open the box the theme is not magic… its mythical
- Sebastian deliberately messes with the soundboard.
- Nice 80s neon Ghostbusters tee!
- We divert to Stranger Things…
- Thor is coming!!!
- Tee gives Pip all the building to do… but it works out better
- Pip promises not to watch Stranger Things 2 without Tee. Will she keep it?
- Mr Pointy is a bookmark!
35:41 — The Wrap-Up
- Pip finishes the building! HUZZAH!
- 2017 is nearly done
- 28 October, Tee will be alongside Chuck Tomasi, hosting the P.I.Y. Workshop, a launch event for Podcasting for Dummies, 3rd Edition in Phoenix, AZ. You can turn up at the door if you’ve missed getting your tickets!
- Hardware track, software track, and the best practices track.
- The Podcasting for Dummies Companion Podcast
- Tee might bring this show to the East Coast next year sometime.
- Star Wars Day in Woodbridge, VA with Tee presenting his soundtrack panel
- Pip and Tee had a lot of peopling on the weekend at the Maryland Renaissance Festival.
- Page After Page the bookstore within the festival!
- Met friends from last year. Always a delight.
- Pip saw her first centaur and a satyr!
- Pip and Tee will be back next year with new books and the roleplaying game!
- Pip’s Patreon will feature a horror story for this month.
- Pip may have a new podcast idea, which Tee did not shoot down. (Heck, Tee has got ZERO GROUND to stand on. Look at what he started months ago. And then there’s this!)
- We Don’t Talk About That will take you to the dark side of New Zealand. Coming sometime soon… maybe…
- Pip was near four murders… so those will probably feature.
- If you have an event and want The Shared Desk to appear there, or if you just want to share an opinion about the show, here’s where to find us…
- …and social media, of course.
Find us on Twitter at either Tee’s or Pip’s account,
leave us a voicemail or questions for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes or Stitcher!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Enjoy the ride
and we’ll catch you later.