WOW! We collected enough comments, questions, and overall opinions from you, the listeners, to make this show our second Listener Appreciation Show! We got some questions on Kindle, Scrivener, and Book Reviews, but we also got questions on topics we have never tackled before on mic.
And Pip gets not one but TWO drop-in’s of her own…
00:00 — Introduction
- A quick shout out to Geek Radio Daily for their own touch on the show…
- Even more of YOUR CALLS, YOUR EMAILS, YOUR SOCILA NETWORK COMMENTS!
- Yeah, Tee is showing the kind of love that only Soundboard can truly deliver.
- …and the Shared Desk Voicemail Line for the next one — 703.791.1701
04:30 — Your Voicemail and Email
- Guy Barber from Cornwall, UK, sends us kudos for the audio version of HarperAudio’s Phoenix Rising and The Shared Desk, and puts in his vote for an audio version of Geist.
- Ben from Florida asks close on the same question as emails from Valkyrie Page and Chris Forshner on how we collaborate and the creative process between the two of us.
- Tee talks about Pip’s strengths and then discusses his own.
- How other authors collaborate against what Pip and Tee do.
- Melissa Hay surprises us with a call, and brings up the topic of book bloggers and how authors and publishers are keeping the peace, at least for now…
- Terry Arman asks us what we thought of the promo he cut for us…but has us at a loss.
- Nobilis Reed wants to know how we collaborate using Scrivener.
- P.C. Haring Calls “Shenanigans!” on our Scrivener…and we call him to the mat with some help from Phil Rossi!
- David from the Scrivener Crew writes us a killer “thank you” note.
- A discussion on the differences between Mac and Windows Scrivener
- A video on how to use Scrivener to create eBooks
- A video (or two) on tracking changes in Scrivener without “Track Changes”
- Our Anonymous NYT Bestseller gives inside dirt on Amazon and their own titles…
- Pip finds herself derailed by her bumper and a lack of breakfast.
- Is there anyone “big enough” to stand toe-to-toe with Amazon? Well, yes…
- More discussion about Amazon, and a shameless plug for The Janus Affair
- Rick Asplund calls in to give us BVL (big Viking love) from Chicago.
- Dan Dan the Artman drops a voicemail that calls forth the humbled (and slightly vaklempt) Crazy Uncle Charlie.
- Michael Spence mainlines The Shared Desk and gives his own opinions on shared universes.
- Tony Mast takes Tee to task for releasing Aladdin and His Wonderfully Infernal Device for the Kindle exclusively.
- Gail Carrigerwants to know what the “Shared Desk” really looks like……so here it is:
- And from the Great White North comes Steve Saylor, asking of working with video to promote your writing.
1:03:03 — The Wrap-Up
- The Second Listener Appreciation Show is DONE, and now we need your comments for Show #20!
- Hunger may be pushing Pip closer to PIP RAGE!!!
- Where to leave your comments for us…
- April 10 — Volume 2 of Tales from the Archives goes live!
- Tee’s cheat-sheet is swiped from him…but he nails the Creative Commons exit.
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.