As promised — kicking off a new year of podcasting — is comments, questions, and overall opinions all from you the listeners. Tee & Pip present the first (hopefully of many) Shared Desk Listener Appreciation show where they get questions on worldbuilding, character choices, and requests for more drop-in’s.
There’s a even a quick “hello” from Crazy Uncle Charlie….
00:00 — Introduction
02:27 — Your Voicemail and Email
- Doc Coleman berates us a bit for finally getting The Shared Desk going, for the lack of a promo, and for handling deadlines.
- Laura Nicole mainlines the first two Shared Desks, and reminisces about Podcasts of Balticons Past.
- Tee’s still having a blast with Soundboard, just so you know…
- Indiana Jim calls in with an EPIC voicemails…and Tee professes his man-love for the intrepid geekologist. He also touches on…
- Writing in shared universes (where Jim forgets the title of his book, and brings about the wrath of the Sarge…)
- Tales from the Archives
- Gaming and it’s place in the Writers’ World.
- “Cousin George” calls in…and asks Crazy Uncle Charlie about writing for homosexual characters.
- Nobilis Reed, raps our knuckles for his own reasons…
- Dan Shaurette asks about Scrivener and inspires the topic of our next show!
- Ben from Florida calls in and gets a pep talk from Crazy Uncle Charlie and the Mason Jar of Winning.
- Indiana Jim provides validation for Tee’s love of the drop-in’s.
- Logan Waterman sends in an email and gives Tee & Pip a question about worldbuilding and how deep to go.
- Pip gives her own work as an example. Is it a horse, or something else?
- Tee remembers Joe Murphy and Legacy of Morevi.
- Odin, still new to podcasting, asks about the pros and cons of being your own podcast host.
59:39 — The Wrap-Up
- And there we are — our first Listener Appreciation show! (We look forward to hearing from you at Show #20!)
- A quick mention about The 99¢ Special for Phoenix Rising.
- Tales from the Archives: Volume I eBooks are now available for all readers!
- The Janus Affair cover looks sweet — go check it out!
- Tee gives a heart-felt “thank you” for all the support since last Friday.
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.