Tee and Pip pull off the miracle podcast and reach NUMBER 25, but they don’t do it alone. From the headquarters of The Gearheart comes Renaissance Man Alex White. He’s an artist. He’s a writer. He’s a musician. He’s brought so much of his talent to the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences, and now he comes on mic with The Shared Desk to talk about how he got his black belt in collaboration fu.
00:00 — Introduction
- Tee goes with a HBO theme on the opening drop-in’s…
- Welcoming a special guest, Alex White, who is in town…because he wants to be!
- What’s going on with the three of us?
- Pip’s turning in new pitches. (Titles need a bit of work…)
- Tee’s closing in on his Kindle Worlds’ deadline.
- Alex has a new work-in-progress that delves into the paranormal.
- Paying authors: We think it’s fun!
- Apart from Jack Mangan, Alex White has contributed and collaborated with us the most concerning the Ministry.
- Alex and the crew of Disasterpiece Theatre
- What’s the pitch? (Not the show, but that is the show.)
- It was a great show…until Shia LaBouff was brought into the Ministry.
- What’s the fun in prepping your guests?
- Be careful, Alex. Hollywood, SyFy, and Michael Bay is listening…
- …and Tee goes there. “Inappropriate.”
- The recent collaboration(s) between Alex and the Makers of the Ministry
- On working with Tee Morris and Pip Ballantine, the editors
- The importance of editing
- Making editors into the “bad guys”
- On working with Tee Morris and Pip Ballantine, cover art clients
- We got a beautiful cover….
- ….but it was a tough journey getting there.
- RELEASE THE DROP-IN’S!!!
- Revealing what’s behind the curtain when cover artists and clients work together…and when things are not what are expected.
- Beware the “sternly-worded nut-slap” from Pip Ballantine.
- And then came the back pedal…
- Working with Friends: the Pros, the Cons, and the LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY EXCHANGING HANDS…
- Again, beware Pip’s sternly slap-to-the-nuts.
- Alex gives some advice for the author when working together to create the cover you want.
39:18 — Seriously? Seriously.
- Alex reveals a cold, hard truth about The Shared Desk.
- Talking about trust — how about that Cuckoo’s Calling book?
- Hold on…who’s writing this book again?!
- QUICK LOO BREAK!
- Should J.K. Rowling be pissed?
- A look at the insecurity of a successful problem…and how we wish we had it…
- You hire a lawyer with a degree of privacy in mind.
- The dangers of when besties get together, whippin’ out their secrets….
- …and Tee goes there. Again.
47:24 — The Wrap-Up
- Big props to Alex White for joining us on the 25th show!
- Alex made us love him all over again.
- Alex White and Harvey Keitel — worth every penny!
- What’s coming soon…
- For Alex
- Dragon*Con appearing, including a LIVE Disaterpiece Theatre
- A possible BIG reveal for DTP fans
- Catch him at the Parsecs as Fire in the Snow by Starla Hutchton is in the running….
- For Pip & Tee
- Authors After Dark
- Baltimore Book Festival
- Strasburg Steam Festival
- Cover Reveal of Ministry Protocol — August 8!
- And an unexpected sale that is coming to bookshelves for the holidays!
- For Alex
- And how about this for an ending — hitting it on all cylinders!!!
leave us a voicemail or question for the show at 703.791.1701,
or leave us a comment here at the blog.